Perfect Point Capabilities
What We Do:
Perfect Point’s Fastener Separation Technology (FST) is an entirely new application of Electro-Discharge Machining (EDM), developed and patented by Perfect Point EDM Corp. E-Drill® and S-Blaster® were specifically designed to yield exponential productivity improvements in the field of Aerospace Fastener removal. E-Drill FST’s patented ElectroDischarge Machining Process separates hard-metal fasteners in seconds.
E-Drill FST utilizes a tubular electrode to separate fastener heads or collars from a fastener’s shank. Regardless of the metallurgy of the fastener, E-Drill FST can cut/separate all fastener types and sizes, including: Solid, Cherry, Huck, HiLok, Composi-Lok, and Taper-Lock, from diameters 3/32-7/16”. Titanium fasteners are separated in 8-10 seconds, versus a typical time of 5-7 minutes for traditional drilling and/or collar separation techniques.
Perfect Point is changing the way structural maintenance is performed in the 21st Century, by providing a Faster, Safer, and More Accurate method of removing “Hard-Metal” Fasteners in airframe structures and engines. E-Drill FST enables Exponential Productivity Improvements, drives firstpass Quality, Reduces the Cost of Consumables, and Protects Workers.
The PPEDM E-Drill is the only tool using EDM technology in a hand-held device. We have 6 awarded patents that protect our technology and limit the development and use of EDM in a handheld device by other potential competitors. In the Aerospace market, we are the only company that is focused on the removal of fasteners.
||E-drill Value Proposition
- Hard metal fastener removal in diameters 3/32” to 7/16”
- Head side or collar side removal
- Metal or composite skin
- Airframe or Engine applications
- Pilot drilling plate up to ¼” thick
- Broken drill or extractor
- Key-Locked Insert Removal
- Captive nuts (Davis-Nut, Riv-Nut)
- Square Drive Rescue Kit for broken bolt or stud removal
- Closed Loop FOD Removal during cutting
- Closed Loop Top-Coat Paint Removal
- Reduce AOG Time
- Reduce Labor Time
- Reduce Damage Rate
- Reduce Material Costs
- Reduce Training Time Proficiency
- Eliminates FOD
- Eliminates Injuries
- Eliminates Exposure to Hazardous Waste
- Eliminates Noise Exposure