E-drill: The Future of Aircraft Rivet Removal
E-drill FST: Aircraft Fastener Removal tool
What if, you could begin to:
- Reduce labor cost and lost time
- Improve accuracy and cut damage rates from 20% to 1%
- Eliminate FOD due to drilling debris
- Protect mechanics from career-ending injuries
- Prevent unwanted exposure to noise-driven hearing loss
Perfect Point’s patented handheld electro discharge machining (EDM) technology removes the hardest fasteners quickly and easily. The precision sized electrode cuts a circular groove of material from the fastener head leaving a very thin fracture point between the electrode and the airframe. The exact sizing of the electrode coupled with precision depth control greatly decreases the risk of airframe damage when compared to conventional removal methods.
- Productivity Improvement- 5 to 10 times faster than mechanical drilling on hard metals (Titanium, Stainless Steel, Inconel, Monel). -Damage Reduction - 90%+ reduction in damage rate
- Ergonomics- the e•drill™ is a forceless process, while mechanical drilling exposes operators to all seven ergonomic risk factors (Force, Vibration, Compression, Posture, Repetition, Duration, and Noise).
- FOD (Foreign Object Debris)- easier collection of FOD from the aircraft, faster cleanup of surrounding area, fewer injuries to operators. The only FOD produced by the e•drill™ is the fastener head and stem (no more drill shards).
- Total Cost Reduction - the cost savings range is $2.00 to $5.00 per hard metal fastener removed (consumable and labor costs). Additional cost reduction comes from reduced damage, a more productive workforce, and less FOD to clean up after the job.
Remove All Fastener Types - Hi-Lok®, Jo-Bolt®, CherryLOCK®, CherryMAX®, HuckBolt®, Composi-Lok® & more.
If you are interested in learning more about the E-drill's Capabilities, please contact Perfect Point